We bring a sense of “suka” or ease to whatever modality we utilize. It isn’t necessary to utilize our “flight-or-fight” response and activate our sympathetic nervous system into high gear. We are already stressed out enough!
Kripalu Yoga, specifically, is more accessible to more people of varying ages, with various schedules. This is the reality – we are still on a schedule. It is simply more attainable to those of us who live in the West.
A ground-breaking modality that integrates muscular chains and manipulates gravity to your advantage. Say good-bye to back pain! Foundation Training exercises strengthen the entire system, utilizing breath and very specific isometric movements. This leads to a pain- free body as well as improved posture!
The Brown Bag contains it all. The Brown Bag is full of the various modalities we use to create day-to-day functional movement. Lee Glenney and Staci Jacobson strive to create fitness explorations which all feed into each other; these systems are all interconnected.
- We utilize the Functional Movement Screen (FMS) exercise testing technique with corrective exercise strategies
- Kettlebell training includes periods of resting, breathing, “holding your ground” between sets. Complimenting vigorousness with a sense of ease
- Indian Club training rehabilitates and strengthen the shoulder and entire shoulder girdle system
- Sandbags are a seemingly simple tool offering dynamic variable resistance training
- The Restorative Breathing Method is employed to maximize breathing efficacy